(Mankato, MN) – The Mankato marathon is set for this Sunday and that means some traffic disruptions in town.
During this event some Mankato streets will be closed and traffic will be redirected for the safety of runners and drivers. It is recommended to plan ahead if driving in these areas is necessary.
- 4 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
- Poplar Street (from Riverfront Drive to Sibley Parkway)
- Riverfront Drive (from Poplar to Front streets)
- Sibley Parkway (from Mound Avenue to Poplar Street)
- 4 a.m. to 3:30 p.m., Front Street (from Riverfront Drive to Cherry Street)
- 8:30 to 10:30 a.m., Stadium Road (from State Highway 22 to Victory Drive)
Expected traffic delays
- 8:15 to 9:15 a.m., State Highway 22 and County Road 90
- 8:40 to 1:30 p.m., Blue Earth Street at the Red Jacket Trail
- 8:50 to 10:25 a.m., Victory Drive and County Road 82
- 8:50 to 10:30 a.m. State Highway 22 and Stadium Road
Use caution at these intersections
- 7:25 to 8:20 a.m., intersection at Monks Avenue and Stadium Road
- 7:25 to 8:40 a.m., intersection at Monks Avenue (from Stadium Road to County Road 90)
- 6 to 11 a.m.
- Victory Drive (from Balcerzak Drive to County Road 82)
- Balcerzak Drive (from Monks Avenue to Victory Drive)
More info on the day’s schedule and route can be found here. The Marathon begins at 7:30 a.m. Sunday at Minnesota State University, Mankato in the parking lots along Stadium Road.
(Copyright © 2017 Southern Minnesota News – Alpha Media Mankato. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Photo credits: BFC Media© & Mankato Marathon.