$10,000 in Damages From Overnight Mankato Apartment Fire

(Mankato, MN) – Mankato fire officials say unattended cooking was the cause of an overnight apartment fire at 307 South Broad Street.

Crews were called to the scene just after midnight this morning and one resident was treated for smoke inhalation by local ambulance crew and then released. The fire was contained to the kitchen area, but there is smoke damage throughout the apartment. Damage is estimated at $10,000.

Unattended cooking is the number one cause of fires in Mankato.

Click here to LIKE Southern Minnesota News on Facebook.

Click here to follow @SouthernMNnews on Twitter.

(Copyright © 2017 Southern Minnesota News – Alpha Media Mankato. All rights reserved.)

SHARE

RELATED CONTENT

Mankato mother charged for toddler falling out of vehicle Goodbye Lowe’s: Mankato store officially shutters its doors Fairfax man charged with attempted murder for service station shooting Up to 5 inches snow possible as January makes its presence known Gaylord woman hospitalized following Sibley County crash MNsure reports record of nearly 124,000 health care sign-ups
Comments