Chickens were killed in a shed fire in rural New Ulm on Wednesday morning.
The New Ulm Fire Department responded to an address on 200th Ave between New Ulm and Essig just before 7 a.m.
The small chicken coop where the fire originated was already destroyed when firefighters arrived on the scene, and the blaze had spread to two other sheds, according to a New Ulm Fire Department press release.
Officials say one small shed suffered heavy damage, while a larger shed sustained moderate damage.
An unknown number of chickens perished in the fire. There were no injuries reported by residents or firefighters.
A heat lamp for the chickens was determined as the cause of the fire, according to the news release.