National Drug Take Back Day Saturday
Mankato Public Safety will collect unneeded medications Saturday as part of National Prescription Drug Take Back Day.
City staff will be in front of the Public Safety Center at 710 S Front St. on Saturday, April 24 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. for convenient drop-off and disposal of medications. Social distancing measures will be in place, and participants are asked to wear face masks.
Anonymous drug drop box disposal service is also available 24 hours a day at Mankato Public Safety.
Safely disposing of medications helps keep them out of landfills and the water system. Items are burned after collection.
- prescription medications
- over-the-counter medications
- narcotics and other controlled substances
- medication samples
- pet medications
- vitamins and supplements
- liquid medication in glass or leak-proof containers
- medicated ointments and lotions
Items unable to accept:
- needles, syringes or other sharps
- IV bags
- bloody or infectious waste
- hydrogen peroxide