(North Mankato, MN) – A man responsible for a 4-hour stand off with police after he allegedly threatened two young girls with a gun now faces felony charges.
North Mankato Police said in a news release that 59-year-old Scott Douglas Johnston was charged in Nicollet County on Monday for the Friday incident, in which he allegedly pointed a gun at two girls, ages 8 and 9 years old. Johnston was apparently upset the girls were playing on his yard on the 200 block of Cross Street and threatened to shoot the children.
Johnson has been charged with felony terroristic threats and felony 2nd degree assault.
In a previous release, North Mankato Police said they responded to the a report of the incident at around 8 p.m. and tried to make contact with Johnston, who had been last observed fleeing to the back of his residence.
Officers were initially unable to establish any communication with Johnston and addition law enforcement agencies were called to assist.
Johnston was taken into custody at the Nicollet County Jail at 11:55 p.m. Saturday. He is due for his first appearance in Nicollet County Court Monday.
(Copyright © 2018 Southern Minnesota News – Alpha Media Mankato. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)