Weather Alert

Man killed in Mankato apartment fire identified

(Mankato, MN) – Mankato Public Safety has identified the man killed in a fire at an apartment building last month.

The deceased man is Howard Vern Easton, 64, of Mankato, according to a release from public safety.  Easton died of acute carbon monoxide poisoning.

In the early hours of March 19, firefighters responded to 413 North Fourth St, where a fire had broken out in a fourth floor apartment.  Easton was found not breathing, and lifesaving efforts were unsuccessful.

The fire was caused by a malfunctioning kitchen appliance.



Connect With Us